The X1 NFC Reader is a versatile, reliable and secure NFC Reader and Writer which works effectively with most NFC Tags and Products. The reader is perfect for deployment in a wide range of applications, such as access control, secure authentication and customer loyalty. Benefiting from cross-platform HID plug-and-play compatibility, the X1 also offers developers complete control over the reader, which provides significant potential for complex custom solutions via the proprietary G2K API.
This reader benefits from a sleek, attractive design and robust construction from high impact plastic, including an ample card landing zone, two LED indictors and audible feedback. This means that in virtually any situation it will look great and perform well from storage and industrial facilities to offices and customer environments. A built-in oversized antenna also gives it an enhanced reading range.
- Contactless Reader/Writer
- 13.56MHz NFC and ISO 14443, ISO 15693 compliant
- Compatible with all popular card standards including Mifare, NTAG and DESFire
- Keyboard wedge or proprietary API support
- Host Card Emulation support
- USB CDC standard connectivity. Optional RS232, host I2C or SPI
- Two LED indicators, beeper
- 1 SAM slot. 4-slot extender board available
- Dimensions: 66 x 66 x 10 mm (OEM module), 85 x 85 x 20 mm (Case)
- Weight: 35 g (OEM module), 65 g (Case)
- Operating Frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Chipset: PN7462
- Communication Standards: ISO 14443 (Type A & B)
- Card Reading Distance: Up to 40mm
- Card Slots: One SAM card slot, expansion board available
- Host Interface: USB CDC, RS232, Slave SPI, I2C
- Power Supply: 5V
- Current Consumption: 350mA
- Operating Modes: Keyboard Wedge, API (Card Reader and Card Emulation)
- Supported APIs: Supported APIs G2K API
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +80 °C
- Non-OperatingTemperature: -40 to +85 °C
- Operating Humidity: 0 - 95% non-condensing
- Meantime Between Failure: 500,000 hours
- Safety / Environmental: CE, UL, RoHS, WEEE
The SDK includes:
- GemTAG SDK CD
- 1 x NFC Reader
- 3 x Blank MIFARE 1K Cards
Included on the CD is all the software you need to start development DLL and ActiveX middleware, sample code and developer tutorials:
- CD contains GemTagAPI (DLL, LIB, etc) files for Windows, Windows CE, Linux and Mac OS.
- Source code for test applications in Visual C.
- API tester tool.
- Development Guide, API Reference, Firmware Upload Guide and other documentation.
- G2K Java API Javadoc documentation, JAR file with API classes, sample code in Java.
- Card Explorer tool executable for exploring contents of contactless ISO 14443 cards.
- Card Listener tool executable for background listening for a contactless ISO 14443 cards and displaying contents in a configurable way.