The Orbit IP combines an NFC reader with network connectivity. Once connected to a network, the device can communicate NFC data in real time – in addition to logging information to its own optional internal flash storage as a fail-safe backup.
Thanks to the reader’s Power over Ethernet (PoE) interface, the Orbit requires nothing more than a standard network connection, from which the unit draws the small amount of power required for its operation. That means no power supply, external unit or other hardware is required.
The Orbit IP utilises its built-in TCP/IP connectivity to operate as a web client, with each contactless tap generating a new HTTP request which instantly encodes the read data. This makes it incredibly easy for developers to build their own custom web-based access control or monitoring systems, using common web programming languages. The device offers numerous options including internal storage, relay controls for doors, and a 5.5 inch display.
- Contactless smart card reader/writer
- NFC ISO 18092, ISO 14443 (Type A and Type B) compliant
- Compatible with all popular card standards including Mifare, DESFire and FeliCa
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) interface with TCP/IP connectivity
- Easy to program using common web languages
- 3 LED indicators, beeper. Optional relay, MicroSD slot, 5 TFT display
- UK manufacturing and support